Desert Master® is a NON-COMPETITIVE sport event, driving on sand and navigation.
No disposable containers are permitted during the event. Participants must bring reusable plates, cutlery and water bottles. It will be mandatory to divide waste at the camp and dispose of it in the appropriate recycling bins. It is recommended to use paper and biodegradable wipes, to switch off the vehicle if stuck and protect ground from fuels and oils during repair and refueling.
VEHICLE AND CREW
- 4×4 cars with low gear and with maximum 35′ wheel. Hard top is mandatory
- 4×4 trucks
- A maximum of 2 people can travel in 4×4 cars and a maximum of 3 people in 4×4 trucks.
- shovels, plates, strops, etc.,
- fuel range of at least 400km,
- Stella system mounted and powered as per the supplier’s specifications,
- reserve drinking water of at least 10 litres,
- fire extinguisher of minimum 2kg
- textile cable in case of winch
- 3m safety flag
- food and water provision for overnight camp
- camping equipment
All crew must wear helmet and adapted clothing covering arms and legs. Rugged gloves are mandatory
while working outside the car.
- automatic inflation/deflation systems
- fix mounted hydraulic jacks
- roll cage
- wireless intercom
- lifting equipment such as hi-Lift, inflatable balloons, etc.
Every participant will receive a Master kit comprising of:
- blue Sahara shirt
- desert hat
ROUTE AND RULES
All participants should be present at the checks at the CAMP 1 on 30/10/2023 before 12h00
|30/10/2023||CHECKS - WARM UP - BRIEIFNG||CAMP 1|
|31/10/2023||CAMP 1 – CAMP 2||CAMP 2|
|01/11/2023||CAMP 2 – CAMP 3||CAMP 3|
|02/11/2023||CAMP 3 – MARATHON CAMP||MARATHON CAMP|
|03/11/2023||MARATHON CAMP – CAMP 4||CAMP 4|
|04/11/2023||CAMP 4 - DJERBA||HOTEL DERBA PLAZA|
Must be completed every day by participants:
• Silver -> CAMP TO CAMP or
• Gold -> CAMP TO CAMP + LOOP GOLD or
• Black -> CAMP TO CAMP + LOOP GOLD + LOOP BLACK + NIGHT LOOP during stage 4
Travelling is permitted between sunrise and sunset. An alarm will sound to signal when competitors are
able to start each morning.
Sunrise is set at 06h30 and sunset at 18h00. Participants who have not reached the camp by this time will
have to stop where they are and camp independently for the night. Not complying will exclude the team
from finisher list.
The following day competitors will be able to set off again towards the camp and then continue on the next
A directional road book is provided for all stages during checks at camp 1.
Distances and caps are calculated.
Stella Gps is programmed with waypoint displaying arrow at 1000m and validating at 20m.
Kml, kmz, gpx, gdb data are available for the participants if requested.
Not validating all the waypoint is considered not accomplishing the Desert Master.
Each day competitors will score for a status of Desert Master: Silver, Gold or Black.
The lower result of the 5 days will determine the final status.
A scoring plate will be applied on the bonnet of each car and displaying the result.
Example of scoring plate:
Help between competitors is allowed. No external assistance is allowed during the event.
Master camps are strictly reserved to competitors and staff. Each night at the camp participants can use
light, air compressed, heavy tools provided by the organisation.
Food and beverage
Catering at the camp will be available every morning (breakfast) and every evening (dinner).
Participants should be independent for lunch. Every second day there will be a local provider who can deliver groceries and snacks.
Mineral water will be provided by the organizer to refill water bottles. Soft drinks are available at the bivouac and must be paid directly to the local provider.
Toilet and shower
Chemical toilets are available only for ladies.
Shower tents are available for every participant. Solar shower bag is strongly recommended and can be refilled at the logistics truck every day (max 10lt. a day/ person).
Fuel will be available at Camp 1 and Camp 3 and Camp 4 and must be paid directly to the provider.
Organization is not responsible of the quality of fuel, which is regularly purchased in major gas station.
Medical assistance, personal accident insurance
A team of 3 medics will be divided:
- 1 doctor permanent at the bivouac
- 1 doctor on M1 vehicle (fast response UTV or 4×4)
- 1 doctor on M2 vehicle (fast response UTV or 4×4)
In the case of an accident, organisation medics will attend the scene and transport the patient to the closest
Each participant must have an insurance covering personal accident and repatriation with no excess and
with minimum 50.000 euro. Repatriation must be covered to the designated country of choice.
Crews, after the 5 stages, will be divided by
- FINISHERS: SILVER or GOLD or BLACK
- NON FINISHERS
Every FINISHER CREW will receive at the Master Night in Djerba:
- Patch Driver SILVER or GOLD or BLACK
- Patch Co-Driver SILVER or GOLD or BLACK
- Certificate Driver SILVER or GOLD or BLACK
- Certificate Co-Driver SILVER or GOLD or BLACK
Only black finishers crews will receive:
1 MAX CASE each with:
- 1 Black Desert Master hat
- 1 Black Desert Master car emblem kit
- 1 Black Desert Master sticker kit
- 1 Black Desert Master pin
- 1 Black Desert Master mug
Registration fee per vehicle (2 participants included)
- 3090€ within 30/04/2023
- 3390€ within 31/05/2023
- 3690€ within 31/07/2023
ENTRY FEE PAYMENT
- 30% at the inscription
- 40% within 31/05/2023
- 30% within 31/07/2023
- 30% within 31/05/2023
- 50% within 30/09/2023
- 80% after 30/09/2023
Any cancellations and refund requests must be communicated by mail PEC or registered A.R. to be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment will go carried out by bank transfer headed to
WHAT THE INSCRIPTION DOES INCLUDE
BEFORE THE EVENT:
- Access to special Instagram contents
- “Portrait” of each crew
- Hotline 5 days a week
- Road book and GPS files Tunis-Master Camp
- Wristband, identification plate, scoring plate
- Welcome kit (shirt and hat)
- Access to the master camp
- Desert autorisation
- Sand driving school during warm up
- Medical service
- Safety training
- Food and water (breakfast and dinner) Oct. 30th to Nov. 4th
- Hotel **** double room in Djerba – November 4th
- Master Night Of November 4th
NAVIGATION AND SAFETY:
- Road book
- Stella Gps
- GPS data (gpx, gdb, kml, kmz)
- Tracking system:
- Access to the “master garage “
- Water for shower
- Sweep car w/mechanic (recovery of broken vehicle not included)
PROMOTION AND CONTENT:
- 1 picture every day
- 1 minute final video (only for black desert master)
- Ambassador program (only for black desert master)
WHAT THE INSCRIPTION DO NOT INCLUDE
- Transportation of vehicles and people to master camp 1
- Stella mounting kit
- Tunisian car insurance
- Fuel during the event (fuel available camp 1-3-5)
- Soft drinks and beer
- Single room supplement in Djerba
- Plane ticket for who is not travelling with the car
- Recovery of a broken vehicle
- Medical and repatriation insurance with min.50.000 euro
- All the not mentioned in the inscription does include